In his review of the Dodge Charger, Raynald Côté of CAA, wrote : "Following substantial improvements last year, notably interior (quality of materials), suspension and especially engine (new V6) changes, this year the Charger gets a new eight-speed automatic transmission with the V6. Additionally, all models can be equipped with all-wheel drive and heated and ventilated front seats. Performance buffs can order their SRT8 with a 465-horsepower 6.4-litre V8. Both front seats are equipped with lumbar adjustment and are very comfortable. The tilt-telescoping steering column and adjustable pedals help in finding a very good driving position. Headroom and legroom are quite generous. The trunk is very roomy, with a good-sized lid and recessed hinges that won’t risk damaging items placed underneath.
The cabin is nicely finished in quality materials, and quiet. There is an abundance of storage spaces. The cup holders heat and cool. The sun visors slide on their support and have an extension, a welcome feature that is not often seen. Gauges and controls are well displayed. The audio controls are wonderfully placed behind the horizontal spokes of the steering wheel, so you don’t have to “aim” to use them. Everything is lighted at night. The heating system is very efficient.
Safety features include seven airbags (dual front, side and side curtain plus a driver’s knee bag), five head restraints (active in front), four-wheel antilocking disc brakes, stability control, brake assist and good headlights. In rainy conditions, an auto-dry brake system periodically pushes the brake pads against the rotors to keep the rotors dry. The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety awarded the Charger a Good rating (its highest) for roof strength, driver protection in a frontal offset impact and all-occupant protection in a side or rear impact.
Introduced last year, the 3.6-litre Pentastar V6 engine develops 292 horsepower and 260 pound-feet of torque. It provides very good acceleration and energetic pickup. It climbs easily through the gears, which is fortunate because it reaches maximum torque at a high 4800 rpm. This V6 is well adapted to the vehicle. The Charger is using a new automatic transmission distinctive for its eight speeds. Though generally very smooth.
Thanks to the upgrades and revisions of the past two years, the Charger has become more balanced and more refined. Comfortable seats, good road comportment, a lively V6 and an efficient all-wheel-drive system make it fun to drive."
- http://img2.sm360.ca/ir/w600h450/images/news//lasalle/267/7923_st0640_046.jpg http://img2.sm360.ca/images/news//lasalle/267/7923_st0640_046.jpg
- http://img2.sm360.ca/ir/w600h450/images/news//lasalle/267/7923_st0640_043.jpg http://img2.sm360.ca/images/news//lasalle/267/7923_st0640_043.jpg
- http://img0.sm360.ca/ir/w600h450/images/news//lasalle/267/7923_st0640_042.jpg http://img0.sm360.ca/images/news//lasalle/267/7923_st0640_042.jpg
- http://img2.sm360.ca/ir/w600h450/images/news//lasalle/267/2012_Dodge-Charger_SRT_Berline_Sieges-a-dessus-en-Nappa-noir-avec-empiecements-en-suede_Avant.jpg http://img2.sm360.ca/images/news//lasalle/267/2012_Dodge-Charger_SRT_Berline_Sieges-a-dessus-en-Nappa-noir-avec-empiecements-en-suede_Avant.jpg
- http://img2.sm360.ca/ir/w600h450/images/news//lasalle/267/7923_st0640_175.jpg http://img2.sm360.ca/images/news//lasalle/267/7923_st0640_175.jpg
- http://img0.sm360.ca/ir/w600h450/images/news//lasalle/267/dodge_charger_2012_interieur.jpg http://img0.sm360.ca/images/news//lasalle/267/dodge_charger_2012_interieur.jpg
- http://img1.sm360.ca/ir/w600h450/images/news//lasalle/267/7923_st0640_050.jpg http://img1.sm360.ca/images/news//lasalle/267/7923_st0640_050.jpg